SECURITY POLICY – OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, FOOD SAFETY, QUALITY, AND ENVIRONMENT IN BODEGAS FUNDADOR
BODEGAS FUNDADOR is a company dedicated to the Production of Sherry Wines, Brandies de Jerez and Spirit Drinks. For this purpose, BODEGAS FUNDADOR is in the business of Aging, Blending, Bottling and Shipping to Distribution Centres of these products, as well as others that use the raw materials obtained by these processes, such as the production of grapes, wine distillates, Holandas, Brandy and Rectified Must Concentrate. BODEGAS FUNDADOR, aware that its activities are related to the Food Safety and Quality of the beverages it produces, as well as to the Environment and the Safety of its workers, has defined this Safety Policy – Occupational Health, Food Safety, Quality and Environment as a commitment to all its activities.
The first pillar of our corporate culture is to provide a safe and healthy workplace for both our employees and those companies that carry out their activities in our facilities.
Another basic pillar is the production of quality products that comply with current legislation and are safe for our consumers.
We are aware that our raw materials come from nature and our processes may cause environmental impacts on soil, water and air. Our activities would not be feasible without the support of the environment in which we operate and, therefore, we consider preservation necessary for the long-term viability of our business. Therefore, it is our main interest in this regard to consider the care and respect for the environment as another of the pillars of our corporate culture.
Another pillar is the ethical and socially responsible behaviour in the scope of our actions, as established in our Code of Conduct and Corporate Values, assuming and respecting the principles of Social Responsibility of the reference standards (accountability, transparency, ethical behaviour, respect for stakeholders, respect for the principle of legality, respect for international standards of behaviour and respect for human rights), and complying with all applicable requirements and others to which BODEGAS FUNDADOR subscribes in terms of social responsibility. Our Code of Conduct and Corporate Values reflect the commitment of all of us who form part of BODEGAS FUNDADOR to always conduct our business in an honest, fair, competitive manner and focused on doing it well.
Within our priority activities framed in our Strategic Plan, our objective is the diversification of our products and markets, as well as the continuous improvement of existing products and processes. As a consequence, and to support the fulfilment of this strategic objective, another of our pillars is Innovation and Development as a key factor that allows us to be more competitive through diversification and the improvement of our efficiency.
All these pillars are framed by the concept of sustainability, understood as the ability to carry out our business not only generating profits (economic results), but also mitigating its impact on the environment and with good social performance. To this end, BODEGAS FUNDADOR is committed to aligning its sustainability commitments with its business strategy.
Therefore, BODEGAS FUNDADOR is committed to:
- To provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health that are appropriate to the size and context of Founder Winery and its specific nature according to risks and opportunities.
- Integrate risk prevention in each and every one of the processes and operations carried out in all its work centres.
- To ensure the Food Safety and Quality of our products and services, respecting the Environment, based on the commitment of each of our employees, thus maintaining the prestige of our brands.
- To develop a culture of Continuous Improvement “Lean Management”, with the aim of achieving excellence in the Management System for Safety – Occupational Health, Food Safety, Quality, Environment and Social Responsibility within recognised International Standards.
- To provide a framework for action that serves as a starting point to establish and review objectives for Occupational Health and Safety, Food Safety, Quality, Environment and Social Responsibility within a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Respect the principle of legality, strictly complying with the legislation applicable to the nature of our business and our processes, as well as any other requirements to which the organisation subscribes.
- Assess and plan activities to be carried out as a means of eliminating hazards and reducing occupational health and safety risks and minimising the consequences of such risks should they materialise.
- To fully satisfy our customers and consumers in their demands and expectations in terms of food safety and quality.
- To promote innovation and development of our products, markets and processes, adapting to the needs of our customers and consumers, as the basis of our future competitiveness and sustainability.
- Preventing and controlling environmental pollution, minimising waste, spills and emissions, guaranteeing adequate treatment, reusing or recycling them wherever possible.
- Optimising processes and adapting facilities to control and reduce the consumption of natural resources (water, energy, etc.).
- To encourage teamwork and the participation of all, based on principles of ethics and responsibility, as well as to train our employees so that at an individual level they have more and better knowledge and skills.
- Consult their employees on decisions related to safety and health and involve them in matters related to the prevention of occupational hazards, directly or through their representatives.
- Promote the use of problem-solving tools by our employees that support the consistent and sustainable resolution over time of incidents that arise in the execution of our activity.
- To collaborate with public bodies in the protection and improvement of the environment and the conservation of biodiversity, as well as to offer our customers, employees, visitors and community an attractive environment.
- To be economically, socially and environmentally accountable to stakeholders for its activities.
- Be transparent in what we do and how we do it, making accessible information on relevant social, economic and environmental aspects of operations, as long as they do not disclose confidential business information.
- Respect, consider and respond to the interests of stakeholders with whom you interact when carrying out activities or making decisions in the organisation.
- Respect international standards of behaviour with regard to Social Responsibility, and where local laws may conflict with these standards, take into account actions to respect them to the greatest extent possible.
- Respect human rights and recognise their universal nature and promote the Universal Charter of Human Rights.
Reviews will be carried out to ensure compliance and keep this policy and its objectives up to date, as well as the development of continuous improvement in Occupational Health and Safety, Food Safety, Quality, Environment and Social Responsibility at BODEGAS FUNDADOR.
With the active participation of all our staff, who are individually and collectively responsible for our behaviour, and with me as the person in charge, we are going to incorporate Occupational Health and Safety for everyone, Food Safety and Quality of the products we manufacture and the protection of the Environment and Social Responsibility into our global strategy, aware of the importance of efficient management and compliance with the requirements of all the management systems in place. In order to demonstrate these commitments, we will make them public by making them available to any interested party.
This policy has been communicated to all our employees and those working on behalf of BODEGAS FUNDADOR.
BODEGAS FUNDADOR Management